Wednesday 2 April 2014

Jeera raita/Cumin flavoured curd

I heard this recipe from one of my friend.When I first heard jeera raita I was a bit confused wondering how can raita be prepared out of jeera !But after getting the recipe from her and trying it, I must say it was a favourite in my house and I plan to prepare it many times in this summer:)

Ingredients -
curd/yogurt/dahi
onion
fresh coriander leaves
green chillies
salt
red chilly powder
cumin/jeera powder

Method -
Chop the onion,coriander and chillies finely.
Mix together in a bowl onions and coriander leaves.
Put in the chillies.
Add salt,red chilly powder.
Chill the curd in the refrigerator.
Now add the chilled curd over the above mix.
Finally add jeera powder and mix well.I prefer making the powder at home by roasting the jeera.
Serve the raita chilled :)

No comments:

Post a Comment